Interested in joining the team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Backend Engineer – Full-Time
We provide simple and affordable insurance to livestock producers via an industry leading platform that enables brokers and customers to take control of their insurance. We use the latest analytical tools to develop novel insurance programs for protein producers, while creating digital solutions for monitoring and purchasing traditional risk management solutions.
About the Job
As a Backend Engineer helping build and scale our product, you will rapidly prototype new ideas, design, and code various backend services. You are somebody who is customer-centric, enjoys building solutions to complex problems, and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Own all aspects of product development, from prototyping new ideas to designing and coding backend services.
- Ship high-quality features and respond to customer-impacting features promptly.
- Create intuitive REST API that follows best-practices
- Work closely with the data science team to integrate ML pipeline customer-facing portal
- Help with design/architecture work, coding, and implementation
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience building enterprise-level applications with NodeJS
- Experience building highly scalable software systems, scoping requirements and successfully launching products
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with AWS/GCP technologies would be a plus
- Experience with React a plus
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Great people at work, with a high bar for hiring
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous vacation time and sick time